Sunday, January 16, 2011

16/01/2011

Today I thought I'd share one of my beauty inspirations.

As a noob to the beauty industry I've only just been learning new techniques and new styles. I have always loved looking but never doing.

One of my biggest inspirations are Audrey Hepburn.

Audrey Hepburn


Now I know she had a team of people doing her makeup, but to be honest, her style is very easy to recreate.

“My look is attainable. Women can look like Audrey Hepburn by flipping out their hair, buying the large sunglasses, and the little sleeveless dresses.” - Audrey Hepburn



Audrey Hepburn


From what I can see, the stereotypical Audrey look is the black liquid eye linered lid.

Audrey Hepburn Eyes


The lightly red lips.

Audrey Hepburn Lips


The boofed up and back hair.

Audrey Hepburn Hair


The big sunnies.

Audrey Hepburn Hair


And... The little Black Dress

Audrey Hepburn Hair



I'm working on getting the eyes and hair right, and I'm working on the figure as well. Even still, her elegance, her attitude, her life, it's something that we can all admire. It wasn't just outer beauty that she had.

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others;
For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness;
and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”


Matilde xx

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh Audrey is adorable! I haven't seen many of her movies yet but have loved the ones I've seen and need to see the rest. I have the huge sunnies but downpat but not the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all the movies you can get in Australia but there are quite a few I I haven't got :) I've got the sunnies and recently the dress just need to master the rest haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, she was such a gorgeous woman, almost pixie like <3

    ReplyDelete